Other topics in this report
Even though 2020 was a challenging year for the world, Kuehne+Nagel continued to engage with the community. A great number of initiatives were organised virtually promoting awareness on sustainable topics. In 2020, 43,479 employees participated in volunteering in environmental and community engagements.
initiatives in 2020
- No plastic campaign,
- Substitution of bubble wrap for cardboard,
- Using myKN as the platform to launch and share a lot of various paperless initiatives. Paper reduction – digitalisation of training files.
- Launched a “zero plastics” campaign to identify plastic items which are feasible to eliminate in the workplace,
- Stopped ordering and using plastic items which included but not limited plastic bottle, plates, cup, straw and etc.
Middle East and Africa
- Partnered with Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) to carry out an e-waste awareness training to Kuehne+Nagel,
- Ban of plastic water bottles in all facilities,
- Paper consumption projects in Sea Logistics and Contract Logistics.
- Introduced ongoing paper reduction initiatives in the whole region, using 2020 as a baseline setting year for Paper consumption (e.g. in the US 65 locations began reporting paper purchases for the first time in GFCC, which is half of the total 130 locations in the US),
- Developed (with our printer/copier provider ) a detailed paper-usage dashboard for paper consumption, now available.
- “Sowing Our Own Seed” contest held where colleagues had to send their results from planting seeds after a few weeks – using an “ideation blog” for other colleagues to choose their favourite participant,
- Zero Plastic campaigns – raising awareness of good solid waste disposal practices,
- Newsletters across the region used to compare options that pollute the environment versus an eco-friendly one.